
This is our submission for the NPR Tiny Desk contest -- an original called "Astrophysics." Lyrics: Seagull dying, ocean sighing Moonlight falling on the sand Astrophysics, stone-aged misfits The soul’s still a near-miss at best I lose my footing, stop my breathing And do my best to hold fast We case our memories, a butterfly’s pinned wings When a blade of grass could change it all I feel the weight of time all around me Like walking in sand What will hold me up, what can ground me And help me to stand Tied down like a root, always thirsty For what I don’t have White sun fading, slit-eyed gazing Still life, timeless, and immune. Earth-wide systems, micro wisdom But truth’s still an abstract at large I lose my bearings, strain my senses And search for a boundary I can trace We race our chemistry and sublet history When the anchor’s long been cast to sea
Astrophysics - YouTube |
| 6 Likes | 6 Dislikes |
| 284 views views | 147 followers |
| People & Blogs | Upload TimePublished on 29 Jan 2017 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét